Compassion is matched by our dedicated representation on your behalf. We handle various cases involving familial relationships, including:
- Child Custody: In the best of all worlds, parents put differences aside and do what is right for their children. Balancing your child’s needs and your parental rights requires the skill and care we offer.
- Equitable Division of Marital Assets: Anything acquired while you were married—from cars to kitchen utensils—is a marital asset. However, not all marital assets are split 50/50. Our equitable division attorneys fight to get you everything you deserve.
- Alimony: Alimony (spousal support) is intended to maintain the lifestyle that a spouse enjoyed prior to divorce. In Georgia, there are guidelines to help determine alimony eligibility and award. We make sure that what is fair is also fair for you.
- Legitimation: The father of a child who is born out of wedlock who has neither married the birth mother, legally adopted the child or received a final paternity order, must file for a Petition of Legitimation for custody or visitation rights. Let us assist you in obtaining those rights.
- Prenuptial Agreements: Prenuptial agreements can help you protect your assets and protect you from a spouse’s debt incurred prior to your marriage. It is a “peace of mind” agreement.
- Child Support: While child support is largely based on an equation, there are many factors that come into play. We help do the right thing for you and your children.
- Modification of Custody: Relocation, remarriage, medical issues or job changes may necessitate a modification of a custody agreement. When life happens, we can help.
Our skilled Georgia family law firm is passionate about protecting your rights
Whatever your family law needs, Bardley McKnight Law is here for you. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.